CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Merry Christmas!



Wow. Life is so busy for me right now. I realize I haven't blogged in an age but I honestly have not had time to sit down and write. I have no excuses, but I do have explanations :)

I have three girls - and one of them just took her first steps today! She's super-mobile people! Yikes. :) Check out this hilarious picture of Mika Lynn - we took it in the window of a store in the mall we were in on Saturday night. Hahaha! I laugh every time I see it. 

I'm dealing with some personal issues that may not exactly be time-consuming but are definitely thought-consuming. I won't get into it but I will say that being a wife and a mom and a sister and a daughter and a woman is HARD y'all.

All of my free time (which is the time after the girls go to bed at night) is spent working on paintings for some sweet people who actually wanted ME to paint something for them. Me? I still can't believe that.

We've been gone so much spending time with family and friends. I love this, but it doesn't leave much time for blogging. Making these memories as a family is much more important though. :)

I got our Christmas cards in yesterday. I've been working on getting them addressed and ready to mail out. This is the first time since Jared and I have been married that we are sending out Christmas cards. Can you believe that?

I could go on. But I won't.

I decided to take the time to blog today at the prompting of a sweet friend's blog post. Elaina wanted us to blog about our favorite Christmas movies. I love Christmas! I love movies! I love Christmas movies! Ha!

Miracle on 34th Street Poster
So my favorite Christmas movie of all-time is probably Miracle on 34th Street. Oh, I do love this movie. However, I'm a sucker for all Christmas movies. Well, unless they are sad. I am already too emotional around the holidays so I don't like to watch the sad Christmas movies. Anyway, I also love The Grinch and Home Alone and Elf. In fact, the girls and I watched a couple of Christmas movies today.

I'll try to be back before Christmas, but I'm not making any promises. Our schedule is full and I don't see it letting up until after the New Year.

Happy December!

3 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

I love A Miracle On 34th street too, but I like the newer version. I've never seen the original. This is one of those Andrew and I argue about. :)

I picked up my paintings from Jill today. Girl, all I can say is God has given you a gift. They look awesome!!! I'm so pleased with them and I know my family will be too. I'm just jealous that I don't one for myself. :) Maybe next season.

Will be praying for you and whatever you are dealing with.

Jill said...

So good to see a new post from you!! You have been a busy girl. :) Amelia is well now (thank you, Jesus!)...so maybe we can sneak in a playdate in the near future. Miracle on 34th is my favorite too!!! But unlike Elaina, I love the original. You should go with us to see White Christmas next week - Thur evening. Playing at some theatre in LR. Elaina and I are going. I will bring your $ from Elaina on Monday night.

It IS HARD being a woman and all of those other things you mentioned. Praying for you!

Love you!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

oh my word, I knew it would not be too much longer before Mikka walks, going to have to get them some tomorrow:) if I can get htought with work gonna do some baking:)