CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reunion Top Ten... well, Top Thirteen!

There are a few more memories I want to document from our Reunion weekend. So I thought I would do it in Top Ten format....
These are in no particular order other than the order in which they came to mind just now.

13. Seeing Mamaw walk into the depot Saturday at lunchtime with a bowl of dumplins for my dad. He is so spoiled! She said she knew he wouldn't get in line to get some until everyone had gone through the line and that they would be gone by the time he got up there. So she kept out a bowl especially for him.

12. Laughing with my husband and my dad and the rest of my family.

11. Four words: Nanny's. Homemade. Ice Cream.

10. Watching my girls play with their cousins. They had a blast and it makes me so happy to see them love their family!

9. Seeing my girls get so excited to see Mamaw Sunday afternoon and then watching her feed Laila bites of food. They love each other so much and I know being with my girls (and all of her grand and great-grand babies) brings such joy to Mamaw.

8. Seeing sweet Kohlie run up to Jared and give him a huge hug. My heart smiled at that. He is such a good man and I'm lucky to have him.

7. Hearing the story of my cousin Mike who took the challenge at the Mean Pig restaurant in Cabot, AR. He did not win the challenge, but instead won himself a night in the bathroom, miserable, with a bottle of Pepto Bismol and some pain meds. He said he learned his lesson and it was so not worth it!

6. Getting reunion cups and coozies... my uncle brought them for everyone. This is the first time we have had anything like this and I was so excited. I love coozies because I love to drink Dr. Pepper from a can! And I love plastic cups. Weird, I know, but I prefer to drink from a plastic cup than a glass one!

5. Seeing people enjoy the dessert I brought. I love to cook for my family and friends and even though I'm not that great, I still really enjoy it!

4. Actually taking the girls to church by myself... I don't go many places with them alone and it always boosts my confidence. Thankfully, my sweet cousins helped me tremendously Sunday morning - Thanks Kyle, Kris, Kelsie and Kylie!

3. Watching Laila crawl up in Mamaw's lap and give her a sweet hug. Then she did the Laila thing and rubbed her face so gently. Precious!

2. Uncle Larry recognizing that I work so hard at being a mom and telling me that he sees that. I don't do my "job" for the recognition, but it sure feels good when someone comments on how hard I work as a Mommy.

1. Mamaw telling Uncle Billy not to eat a piece of the cake that she made for us to eat on Friday. There was about half of it left and she wanted to give it all to Whitney. She did tell him he could eat the crumbs in the pan though!

4 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

Look and sounds like you guys had a great time!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

lol on the cake:) you are a good mother and wife, I am so thankful for you and my girls:)

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

lol on the cake:) you are a good mother and wife, I am so thankful for you and my girls:)

Savannah B said...

I read your comment at Life At Sonic Speed about having a "two-paci girl" and I laughed! Each of my babies were two-paci kids! They had to have one in the mouth and one in a hand at all times when they slept. Is your daughter that way?

Your girls are PRECIOUS, by the way!!