CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Internetless...

We had a storm Monday evening that knocked out our power and caused the internet to mess up. I must admit that I enjoyed the break from all the connectivity. But we got it back on yesterday afternoon so I've been trying to get caught up on some things. Stick with me as it may take a few days.

I've had a big week for me though....

Tuesday night I went out to dinner with a friend. I honestly cannot remember the last time I went out to eat with a girlfriend and no kids. Actually I can remember and it was in December. Anywho, I had the best time visiting with her. Love you Katie! Jared kept all three girls at home while I went out and I have to admit that I have felt guilty about it since I left the house. I feel guilty that I asked him to watch the girls after he had been at work all day just so I could go out to eat.

Then last night I got the opportunity to meet up with my Ladies' Group. I was there when the group formed and have had to stop going to regular meetings because of having all the babies and then with Jared's weird work schedule. But I'm hoping to get back to it in the fall! So we had an impromptu meeting last night and it was such a blessing to be able to get together and pray for each other. And to see those prayers being answered (and they are being answered as I write this) is amazing!

Did I feel guilty about going to the meeting? Yes. Jared stayed home with the girls again and even as I was walking out the door I couldn't believe I had asked him to do that two nights in a row. I realize this is something I'm going to have to work through because I know I need to do things for myself some, but dang, it is hard to start doing that after so much time of not doing it.

And finally - my sweet baby girl has her first tooth! I absolutely cannot believe it - she is only 5 1/2 months old (both of my other girls had their first tooth come in at 7 months). I was definitely not expecting to feel it when I was massaging her gums yesterday. She's been teething but I just thought we were in the beginning of a long process. Guess that's what I get for thinking because there it was, a little tooth poking through her sweet little gums. Bless her heart!

I'm thinking of cancelling our internet because I so enjoyed not getting online for a couple of days.... I doubt J will go for it though! :)

2 comments:

Pediddlepie said...

I hope you can work through the guilt. I wish I had more guilt about leaving the kids with Jason. We have a weird mentality that we "owe" each other this or that, very strange! ;) I do miss the kids though...sweet babies. I hope you get to continue with your women's group.

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

time away fo your self recharges your batteries to be a better mommy, so know you have needs too and they need to be met, plus jared has thar specail time he needs with the girsl:)