CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

It Isn't Pretty....

but it works.

Today. I've been looking forward/not looking forward to it for a couple of weeks now. Looking forward to going to my sister's tonight to help her with her classroom. NOT looking forward to taking baby girl to the doctor this morning.

While doctor appointments aren't normally a big deal and are something I've come to accept as routine with all the babies and such, I always dread going when I have to take more than one of my girls with me. Nana and Aunt April are relaxing on the beach this week (I'm not jealous.... yeah, right!) so I didn't have my handy babysitters.

So this morning I loaded up all three girls and headed to the doctor. I did my best to be over-prepared. I brought out the BIGGER bag (my diaper bag is big, but this called for the bigger bag) and filled it with crackers, juice cups full of pink lemonade (a favorite around our house lately), fruit snacks, books, Barbies, and anything else I could put in there.

We arrive. I start unloading the kids and start walking to the door. I am carrying Mika in my arms. Huge bag over my shoulder. Two little girls holding onto my free hand. It isn't pretty. Six feet stumbling over each other, three hands tangled together. But it worked. We made it inside.

Not only did we make it inside, but we made it through the appointment, shots and all! And I'm so proud of how good the girls were. It turned out to be a very good experience, minus the shots. And now we are all home, resting and packing for our little trip. And hoping it goes smoothly.

This is about how my life as a mother is..... It isn't pretty, but it works. 

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm impressed!!! It's hard enough for me to do TWO kids plus the big bag! (Cause let's be honest...I love my big 'ol diaper bag so much...but it almost counts as another child in weight and size!!! ha!) You did great today!!!

Jill said...

So proud of you for making it with all three!!

And I love the canvases that you made for Whit's room...you're so talented!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

with it being you and my girls its always pretty:) wish I had been there to help but I am excited you did great:)))

Kim said...

I hear ya! You are brave! :)