CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wish me luck...

Ever since my second daughter was born I've been bitten by the "craft" bug. Well it keeps getting worse and worse. Not so much worse, but I just keep finding more crafts that I love and things that I love creating.

When I was pregnant with my first child I was in Law School and so I didn't have the time to make her nursery everything that I had dreamed. Sure it was cute, but it wasn't ME exactly. Then as I was pregnant with my second child I wanted more of my own touch in her nursery and in my oldest's room.... I did what I could despite my constant state of freaking out about having two children. Still not exactly ME.

Now here I am, pregnant again and I've decided to make this little girl's nursery exactly what I want. I've also learned some things these past 3 years about baby bedding and nursery decor so I knew what I wanted and what I didn't need. The result: I am making a crib bumper for this new baby! Seriously, I'm not a sewer... although I'm learning and would LOVE to be one. Thankfully I have a great Nanny (my grandmother) who will help me execute this task!

Today, I bought the fabrics for the bumper. I am so excited, they are too cute! I have them cut and pinned. I didn't buy the trim because I haven't exactly decided on that or the ties yet, but everything else is ready to go! Hopefully I'll get the bumper made over the Thanksgiving holiday so we can get this baby's room ready! I would show you pictures of the fabrics, but I kind of want it to be a surprise.

I also have plans for some artwork and fun things like that so we will see how it all turns out!

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do in the big girls' room.....

No comments: